🐼 Who we are
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan's long-term goal is to help all people have a personalised and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 170,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 400+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🤘 How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a “work from anywhere” company).
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
🚀 THE CHALLENGE 🚀
Taking care of our clients is at the heart of our business. Our User Care Experts (UCEs) are on the frontline to answer our members, solve their problems and offer an amazing customer experience. We are currently hiring experienced User Care Experts, with varied and interesting challenges to solve.
We wrote an article (in French) about Care at Alan. You should read it 😁
👩💻Helping our members
Your first mission will be to deal with complex member requests in a meaningful, delightful and timely manner. Your goal is to be transparent, accurate, clear and helpful to our members.
The topics UCEs deal with are wide-ranging and complex. You will acquire a strong knowledge of the French healthcare system, but you will also be dealing with our B2B customers who choose Alan as their corporate health insurance. Being efficient, professional and empowering them to gain the most value from our products is paramount.
All UCEs work on a Care project outside of their time answering our members. The focus of these projects depends on each individual’s interest and background.
We are looking for experienced individuals who will:
- Manage key process improvement
- Use analysis to identify areas for improvement and find potential solutions
- Own the process of implementation
- Lead a crew of Alaners to help achieve their goal.
Some examples of such tasks might be:
- Lead initiatives on how we empower members and make them more autonomous, as well as upskill new Alaners.
- Own the structuring of the team in order to improve the Care team’s organisation.
- Contribute to improving our product, for instance by being involved in cross communities projects.
- Participate in our growth effort by helping to convert prospects into customers.
- Contribute to hiring amazing new UCEs!
Another responsibility will be to coach more junior members of the Care team, because at Alan, we believe in helping each other grow.
Since we have a very flat structure without the classic management hierarchy, the experienced User Care Experts play an important role in developing the skills and career progression of several User Care Experts.
⭐ JOIN THE CARE TEAM! ⭐️
You would be happy at Alan if you:
- Have a genuine passion for caring for our members, and solving their problems
- Can speak and write impeccable in French, as well as English
- Are comfortable with computers and technology in general
- Have a very empathetic and serene state of mind
- Are motivated and enterprising
- Have an enthusiasm for teamwork, learning and teaching
Bonus points if you know how the French healthcare system works — we will teach you if you don’t. 😉
Everything else you know is a plus.
We want our team to be made up of a diversity of experiences and backgrounds, so feel free to apply if you come from the following backgrounds:
- HR (Transformation, organisational design, business partnering)
- Quality Policy Writing/ Journalism/Communications
- Project Management
- Key Account Management
We are looking for candidates who are willing to work on Saturdays (and thus not work on another day from Monday to Friday in compensation). If you prefer working from Monday to Friday, you're obviously more than welcome to apply. You can tell us your preference in the application form.
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Check out our Medium & blog for more info: https://medium.com/alan / https://blog.alan.com/