The Technical Account Manager (TAM) serves as a designated technical contact and a trusted advisor to Algolia’s customers. The TAM is the key member of the team, for all technical topics including customer onboarding, training and ensuring the resolution of complex issues with the full context and understanding of the customers specific product and technology environment. The TAM will orchestrate reactive and proactive support across Algolia Product Engineering teams as related to a customer’s operation and optimization of Algolia’s products. By maintaining a long-term relationship with their customers, a TAM gains an understanding of the customer’s overall technical environment, usage trends, and pain points - which is used by the TAM to effectively support customers.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF
- Serve as the primary point of contact, develop and lead the technical relationships for a named set of accounts.
- Work closely with your account’s Customer Success Manager to ensure the customer’s long term health through a world-class support experience.
- Manage a diverse and complex scope of support issues across multiple client engagements.
- Work across the organization and escalate as necessary for confirmation of solutions or other options.
- Effectively troubleshoot, properly document, and regularly update customer’s support issues.
- Submit software bug reports to the Engineering team for problems needing attention.
- Partner with Product Teams and Engineering to develop subject matter expertise and serve as a product expert to your customers.
- Develop, maintain and present comprehensive case status reports to customers on a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Proactively identify and work with the customer to resolve technical risks and bottlenecks.
- Provide guidance on how to optimize the use of their environment.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with REST API, database management, and web development technologies
- Strong desire to help people solve problems with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Proficiency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone and email channels
- Excellence in time management, task prioritization, and evaluation of situational urgency
- Travel to customers' locations may be required
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with iOS & Android platforms.
- Experience supporting open-source projects & their GitHub communities.
- Experience with Shopify, Magento, and Salesforce.com a plus
- French speaking is a plus
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity;
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it;
- Everything you need to be efficient;
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences;
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French);
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents;
- Charitable contribution matching;
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice;
- $1000 Remote work Stipend.