Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to. Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t. We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.Try it out with your people on the App Store OR Google Play Store. 🤪🤓What's the role about?We’re looking for top QA engineers who are able to ensure our high quality release process. Our QA team members are currently working with several feature teams at time, such as: Experience, Conversation, Growth and Map lenses.As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be part of the QA team and will also be contributing to the feature team. In other words, you will be assigned to 1 or 2 teams and work closely with the Product owner and the Developers.Your work won't only be to maintain a manageable testing load, but also to focus time on improving the teams’ overall quality process, to be an educator and promoter of quality, and be responsible for ensuring that the quality process is followed.
🚀What you'll do as a QA Engineer
- Participate in defining the users’ needs: adding features, giving feedback, having discussions with the Product owner and the Developers in order to improve the user experience and joy.
- Test our apps and hunt down the bugs, detect product anomalies and non-compliant behaviors then track them in project management tools (JIRA)
- Define and carry out functional multi-device test cases for new features and bug fixes
- Write and perform UX-oriented manual tests / mobile performances and non-regression tests
- Help the Release Manager and the Product owner stick to the release schedule
- Proactively monitor and advise your allocated team(s), and regularly report back to the QA Manager
🌟What type of experience matters for the job
- Excellent knowledge of different mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
- Mastering mobile and desktop debugging tools (ADB, Remote Device, Linux command line...)
- Ability to grasp complex business logic.
- Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly find bugs, performs root cause analysis when triaging bugs
- Mastery of the JIRA tool
🤩Nice to have
- Experience in test automation on Android and iOS is a plus
😎What to expect
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, work alongside smart people
- Build a product that brings people closer to their friends and family
PS: We are more interested in your experiences, past and current projects than your résumé. We’d rather hear about those and what you think you’ll bring to the team 🙌