⭐️ WHO WE ARE ⭐️
Hello there, we’re Alan. But…what is Alan? Alan unlocks frictionless, fair, and friendly healthcare for everyone. Our ambition is to transform the healthcare industry into a more human-centric experience that delivers better care for all.
We started by creating the first digital health insurance company in Europe. Fun fact - we're the first new insurance in France since 1986! We have raised more than €125m with leading investors such as Index and Temasek since our creation in 2016. After reaching 100% growth in France and expanding in Spain and Belgium in 2020, we are accelerating and we are looking for Product Managers to take our products to the next level.
🚀 THE PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE 🚀
- Product Managers at Alan are responsible for the product strategy in their area, going deep on user needs and defining the product roadmap
- They work closely with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers and data scientists to define the right product and implement it (we call this a crew)
- They partner with other teams to align our product vision across all parts of the business: customer care, operations, insurance
- We have ambitious goals for 2021, here is a non-exhaustive list of topics you could help us with:
-- Finding product market fit in new market segments to hit our ambitious growth targets
-- Solving for the needs of HR teams managing the health insurance of employees at large companies
-- Working on one of our bets in healthcare
-- Giving superpowers to our customer care and operations teams to keep delivering a delightful experience to members as we grow
Our product management team at Alan is diverse. PMs had previous experiences in Paris, New York, London and San Francisco both at established tech companies (Facebook, Google, Stripe, Square, etc...) or in starting their own.
⭐️ IS IT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR? ⭐️
You may be a great fit at Alan if you have:
- Experience building software products that delight users in a fast-moving environment (2+ years as a PM or a founder) from ideation to release
- An analytical, structured, and fact-based decision-making style
- The ability to extract opinionated product insights from a limited set of data
- Strong written communication skills in internal- and external-facing settings
- Enthusiasm about teamwork, an open and curious mindset, and the desire to learn and teach with others
- The will to deeply challenge the status quo in the insurance and healthcare industries
- Fluency in English
- (As a plus) experience coordinating with distributed teams
Underrepresented folks: science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds. As a few examples of how we put this value into action:
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a “work from anywhere” company)
- We extend the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements regardless of their legal status
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks
⭐️ THE ALAN METHOD ⭐️
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that translate into our approach to work:
- We put our members first
- We solve big problems, quickly, with focus
- We distribute ownership
- We are radically transparent
- We grow as individuals while we are developing the company
Alaners are provided a stimulating environment for them to focus on the essential: their work. Therefore, we offer:
- Competitive compensation packages, along with meaningful equity
- Relocation packages for our international candidates
- A great healthcare program (yes, you guessed right: Alan 🙂)
- A flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now in France, Spain & Belgium for an employment contract)
- The necessary equipment for you to do your best work (Noise Cancelling Headphones, a Macbook Pro, secondary screen, etc.). You can have them at home, in case you are mostly working remotely
- And more (feel free to ask)!
Check out our Medium blog for more details: https://medium.com/alan and https://blog.alan.com.