Cette annonce a expiré
🐼 Who we are
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan's long-term goal is to help all people have a personalised and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 170,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 400+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🤘 How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a “work from anywhere” company).
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
Role & Scope
The Corporate Unit is in charge of ensuring that Alan has the means and processes to operate over the long term and implement our strategy.
It covers a wide spectrum of expertise including:
- Finance: Sergei Galperin (CFO), Maryam Mahla, Benjamin Topper, Marc Faget, Dorian Janvier
- Legal: Marion Bergeret (General Counsel)
- Risk Management: Laurent Guérin
- Public Affairs: Vincent Hirsch
- Governance and Investors relationships.
As Corporate Ops, you will work closely with the team and the Corporate Lead (Paul Sauveplane) on key business priorities such as:
- anticipating and waiving corporate (financial, legal, regulatory, political) blockers so we can deliver our strategy ;
- providing the team with the right tools and improving the robustness of our internal processes to drive the company and take educated decisions ensuring we’ll be there for our members over the long-term ;
- building top-class corporate governance and scaling it as we grow ;
- supporting Alan’s ambition to attract the best teammates and shareholders ;
- maintaining close and positive relationships with our shareholders ;
-unlocking new growth channels through a deep understanding and smart navigation of the legal and regulatory context we’re evolving in.
Examples of projects include:
-Company corporate organization: Design the future Alan group organization and ensure fluid Corporate management of both French and International entities in a highly regulated context
- Governance: Support Board meeting organization and improvement, develop and maintain Board members training materials, own the administration of quarterly equity grants to Alan employees
- Cross-functional projects: Support fundraisings and secondary transactions;
- Own or support applications for public grants and contests (Next40, BpiFrance support etc.), etc.
- Shareholders: Manage and automate reporting for investors; -Organize General Meetings; Manage Captable and Corporate admin; Monitor shares transfers and ensure smooth operations on Alan capital throughout the year
- Corporate support for growth: Identify and explore strategic business and product opportunities related to corporate matters (legal, organizational or public affairs opportunities, new partnerships, etc.); screen markets and competing organizations and produce business analyses ; drive initiatives to comply with the new regulatory challenges we may face as we grow
- Hiring: Support the identification and recruitment of new Corporate Unit membersKnowledge: Build internal knowledge and corporate processes; Conduct cross-company trainings
Key outcomes after six months
By the end of the first six months, successful onboarding would, for example, mean for the Corporate Operations to have:
-Acted as project coordinator to at least one strategic company project (corporate structure reorganization, large deal/partnership, M&A project or new fundraising, regulatory onsite inspection, etc.)
- Taken over ownership on capital transactions and cap table management to ensure reliable monitoring and smooth relationships with our shareholders
- Ramped up on Alan’s work methodology
- Created new Corporate processes and resources to strengthen the team’s and the Board’s knowledge
- Contributed to improving the Corporate Unit organization and articulation with other Alan units
Profile & competencies
The Corporate Unit covers a lot of areas of expertise, and the Corporate Operations is not expected to master them all. Instead, the Corporate Operations’s focus should be on:
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, including data analysis
- Excellent creativity and curiosity, and the ability to dig deep into various areas of expertise with the goal to challenge the status quo
- Strong communication skills, able to interact internally and externally with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English as we communicate in English at Alan, and comfortable in written and spoken French
- Experience in Finance, Consulting, Audit, M&A, Venture Capital or top-Legal firms would be valued.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-up skills
- Hands-on, not scared getting their hands dirty
- Strong accountability and self-starter appetite
- Great attitude and ability to collaborate in a flat organization
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Check out our Medium & blog for more info: https://medium.com/alan / https://blog.alan.com/