Zenly was created because we wanted an easy way to know what our friends were doing. Naturally we created an app - a map that lets you see your friends and what they’re up to. Millions of people around the world have since made us realize that Zenly goes beyond letting you know what your friends are doing. It actually brings you to spend more time with the people who matter most and moves you a little closer to them even when you can’t. We’re a small team of <60 passionate people determined to offer an alternative to products that were meant to connect us but only alienated us. An alternative that represents a true reflection of your world and those you care most about.Try it out with your people on the App Store OR Google Play Store. 🤪We're hiring a Community Specialist to support our continued efforts to build a deeper relationship with Zenly users all over the world. You'll be the point person on all things Zenly community, coordinating with community managers in local markets to ensure the smooth operation of our local social channels, while also gathering global insights for the Zenly brand and product to share with the wider team. This position will be offered as a contractor role. We're looking for someone with previous experience growing and engaging with a diverse online community. You're someone who identifies as an "Internet Native" and can bring the Zenly brand personality to life within 280 characters. You're also someone who is deeply curious about how a brand can be perceived across countries and cultures, and are driven to ensure all user feedback makes its way back into the product!🤓What's the role about?This role offers a unique opportunity to join a startup building the next iconic consumer brand on the Internet. There will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow professionally and shape this role to your interests, while learning the ins-and-outs of building an app that serves millions of people every day. 🚀
🎨What you'll do as a Community Specialist:
- Be the point person for all things Zenly community, coordinating with local community managers to maintain smooth operations of our localized brand presence in markets around the world.
- Take ownership over the EN-speaking Zenly community, engaging with users on a daily basis who post about Zenly, gathering brand and product insights, and reporting back to the wider team.
- Support daily operations to maintain the Zenly global social presence - ensuring the content calendar is up-to-date, uploading content, and supporting the creative designer and marketing team with content creation.
- Work closely with the Care team to ensure user questions shared on social media are responded to.
- Create weekly reports on community management efforts across all local accounts, and supporting monthly performance reporting on organic social content.
🌟What skills and experience will make you thrive:
- Internet native with deep empathy for others and a passion for community-building!
- Social media insider - you know the latest social trends and memes and have a roster of social accounts that you know, follow, and love
- Native English speaker
- Curious, self-motivated, organised
- Experience in creating content on social media, be it for a brand, a non-profit, a club, a stan account, or just yourself!
- Available to start ASAP
😎What to expect:
- Have direct impact, in days, on the company growth
- Be part of a company with ethics, along smart people
- Participate in building a product with positive incentives
PS: We are more interested in your experiences, past and current projects than your résumé. We’d rather hear about those and what you think you’ll bring to the team 🙌