Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products. Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021! We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : the Bureau Of TechnologyBe a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.We are looking for an Android Engineer to work inside the Perfect Journey Tribe, which is in charge of empowering users to find the right products & services on the Back Market app. As an Android Engineer, you will contribute to develop the best experience on our Android app in a dedicated squad of Perfect Journey. You will take part in strong teamwork (backend+frontend+iOS engineers, designer, product manager) and of the quality produced. Thanks to your engineering skills, code & reviews process, you will also take part in a mobile engineering chapter, with talented iOS, Android, and QA engineers. You will learn, share, and improve all together, in addition to scaling up our mobile app’s architecture & delivery at Back Market. Whether you're hooked on Kotlin, developing advanced UI with motion, or purely Core, you will work efficiently and you will favor collaborative work by remaining open to new ideas.For the next year, we have huge ambitions, that’s why we are looking for iOS & Android engineers who are inspired in developing an m-commerce app, with an optimized and advanced user experience. We are just at the beginning of the m-commerce app and we want to accelerate it with amazing features.
This role is made for you if :
- You are a developer with more than 3 years of experience on Android, with some apps released on the PlayStore or B2B,
- You know how to build native application using Kotlin/Java with solid architecture and cutting (MVVM, MVP or other),
- You have already used Kotlin coroutines or flows,
- You can work daily with Git, using Git-flow and writing clean Pull Request,
- You understand and can contribute to the maintenance and evolution of the continuous integration stack : Bitrise, Crashlytics, Firebase App Distribution, Github Actions, etc
- With the entire team, you follow and maintain the app monitoring : KPIs, logs, crash reporting, boards,
- You continually maintain technical and functional exchanges with the iOS team 🍎, because it is possible and necessary 💚,
- You take part in the meetups, lectures of the community and you document yourself through blog articles to keep you up to date (medium, PAUG, Google I/O, etc.),
- You’ve got some favorite repositories that you use as a reference for best practices,
- You like to develop beautiful interfaces and fluid animations, while respecting the Android guidelines (however, without being too rigid on those principles),
- You’re disappointed that Google let down the desert names for Android versions.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?• A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc… • Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference) • Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!• A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.